I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’D DO WITHOUT MY CELL PHONE

I can keep in touch with my friends; do banking business, order food, clothes, car parts, and movies.  In fact, I really don’t know what I’d do without it.

Well then, I guess you haven’t heard the downside.

Obesity.  Studies show a correlation between body weight and electronic devices.  The more you use a cell phone, laptop or Desktop, the more likely you are to gain weight which puts you at risk for Diabetes, Alzheimer’s or heart disease.  Fat cells create an increase in inflammation throughout the body, including the brain.

Heart rate.  Research shows that stress levels and heart rate are increased by frequent interruptions of e-mail.  Stress causes the release of Cortical in the body.  Cortical increases sugars (glucose) in the bloodstream, enhances your brain’s use of glucose which is directly related to Alzheimer’s.

Posture.  People slouch in front of the computer or constantly look down with a cell phone in hand.  Twenty years later, you will be a hunchback with weak eyes and tendonitis.

Attention.  E-mails and other distractions lead to making mistakes and losing focus.  For those who think they can get more done by multi-tasking…the brain uses 40% of it capacity just separating two or more tasks, leaving only 60% left for both tasks..  Being off email for five days allows for an individual to focus for twice as long as they did before the fasting,

Memory.  Relying on Google and smart phone reminders, acts as an external hard drive to the brain.  That reliance detracts from your ability to remember things.  Over time the brain wit rewire itself to where you will be in a vicious cycle of dependency.

Social Skills:  Social skill erode due to reliance on cell phones where personal interaction is eliminated and the ability to see and read subtle facial and body clues is gone.

If my articles interest you, please check out my website and books:

http://www.politicalnovel.com/articles

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmailby feather

If you appreciate my articles, please check out my books. I think you'll really enjoy them Just use the link below to go directly to my website.

www.politicalnovel.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *